Wednesday 6 October 2010

This is a Claude Monet painting called ‘Sea Roses’, it can be found in the Tate Modern in London and it is one of my favourite pieces of art, because of the serene atmosphere it conveys. I saw it in London with my family; I liked a lot of other Monet paintings too but this one stayed in my mind. The colours complement each other, I love the contrast of the blue and yellow and the slight tint of pink! Monet was a French artist who was born in 1840. His father never approved of Monet's aspiration to become an artist, he wanted him to carry on the family grocery business, but Monet carried on to study in 'Le Havre' secondary school of arts. This is where he learnt to paint with oil on canvass. Monet couldnt understand some parts of the art school though, he didn't know why some of the students copied famous pieces of art, he often sat on his own painting what he saw out of a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment