Wednesday 29 September 2010

This is David Beckhams ‘guardian angel’ tattoo by Louis Malloy, a tattoo artist originally from Manchester but who now lives in London running a shop called London ink. The tattoo is possibly one of the most famous pieces of art and has been seen all over the world. Tattoo's are (if done by a professional) masterpieces that people carry on their bodies, and this tattoo is one of my favorite because of the shading and the detail. I think the tattoo represents safety, many of his tattoos show the love for his family, so it could represent safety for his family. The tattoo was only the figure of the man to begin with, he had the wings put on at a later stage. I think tattoos show individuality to a certain extent, but some people get tattoo's to fit in. Another of my favorite pieces of art is actually on my body as a tattoo, thats why i admire Louis Malloy's work here, because he's made a personal idea into a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment